Search This Blog

Jan 6, 2011

Things I Learned in 2010

Wow, I'm still having a hard time that 2010 has come and gone. It really did blow by, and I'm positive 2011 will go by even faster.  Any day now, I'm going to be a first time Dad.  2011 is already interesting.  For those of you that know me, I don't blame you for being scared of the idea of me as a Dad.  So without further ado, I am giving you a list of things I learned in 2010 in hopes that you can perhaps take a nugget or two to help you with your fat loss goals.

First, don't forget that registration for the 2011 Boot Camp is open and the first boot camp starts 1-29-11.  Space is limited, so be sure to register early and you will also get an early bird discount!  You can also sign up for just one month at a time. Details are here ------>  2011 Boot Camp Registration and Info

1.  Intermittent fasting can teach you so much about your habits on food.  It's a great, sensible approach to fat loss and Brad Pilon's book is amazing.  You can check it out at his website here ----->  EatStopEat

2.Social support is not over-rated.  I've seen my clients work together, gym members work together, as well as family members working together.  Don't be afraid to use your family and friends' help to allow you to reach your goals.

3.  No diet is the one-all-be-all diet (I actually learned this over time, but it was emphasized this year).  You have to figure out what works best for you, your personality and your lifestyle.

4.  God was already awesome, but this past year he got awesommer.  I don't care that is not a real word.  Try just 10 minutes a day with God.  It's amazing what it does for your day.  I'm not saying it's perfect every day, but it can certainly give you a "I can do this" attitude.

5.  A periodic deload week when lifting heavy can literally change your life and help you blast through lifting plateaus.  Wow.

6.  I actually did 2 "extreme fat loss" phases this past year (one was just before I hit the beach).  Although I teach my clients the importance of the long term, it's pretty cool to do something like that just to let your mentality know, "I can do this".

7.  The best blog I read in 2010 that relates to my female clients for fat loss was a blog by Jeannine Trimboli.  For inspiration, you can read that here -----------> http://www.lilafitnessonline.com/2010/04/get-off-that-scale.html

8.  You truly are never too old to get in the best shape of your life.  I have a client in her 60's that has put on muscle, improved her running efficiency (loves running) and is leaner than ever in her life.  I am in better shape now than I was in my 20's.  It's never, EVER too late.

To your fitness success in 2011!  Never give up, and stay strong!,

Mike Whitfield, CFT, CFNC
www.reflectionsfitness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment