Alright boys and girls. This post is in two parts. Part one is fast, easy recipes that I have collected from other trainers, fitness enthusiasts and my clients/readers. I'm a simple kind of guy. I like things that are easy to make. So I hope you find the recipes useful. Then, part two is a rant. It's been a while :)
1-2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
1 tbsp of natural almond or peanut butter
Mix the above ingredients with just enough water for a "pudding-like" texture
"5-Minute Hummus" (A friend on facebook shared this one)
Click here for the 5-minute hummus -----> 5-Minute Hummus
1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder
1.5 cups of vanilla greek yogurt
1 tbsp chopped walnuts or pecans
Mix the above in a bowl and enjoy
"Pizza" (and I call it "pizza" because, no, it's not "Papa John's pizza", but it's a good substitute for when you want to dramatically cut calories). One of these pizzas will save at least hundreds of calories...
100% whole wheat pita
10-15 turkey pepperoni slices
Tomato sauce to taste (any flavor you like... I like garlic and herb)
Any chopped veggies you like
1/4th cup of low-fat mozzarella cheese
Spread the sauce on the pita. Top with the rest of the ingredients and bake in the oven at 350-375 for around 15-20 minutes.
4 oz chicken breast tenderloins (grilled or baked)
1/2 cup tomato sauce (any flavor)
2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp Parmesan cheese (shredded)
Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken and top with sauce and cheese.... "nuke" it for 45 seconds to a minute
Now look, I understand that people have different opinions on nutrition. I know, I know. Dairy is the devil and there's gluten in the pita bread that will rape my brain cells in my sleep. Whatever. This is better than junk food. Now onto the rant...
Yep, that's right. It's time for another rant. There's alot of crap going on and it's driving me crazy. (I can literally hear you whisper in your own head, "oh boy", and you know what?... that's AWESOME).
1. This new "HCG Diet". People! C'mon! Inject some HCG and eat 500 calories. That's the "gist". Are you kidding me?? I usually don't bash diets because I believe everyone is different but I also believe you need to be on a diet that you can stick to. <---- HA! "Stick to". Ohhhh man, I'm like, really awesome at typing stuff like that. People are smarter than that. I hope none of my readers are on it. If so, I'm sorry if I offen.... NO I'M NOT! C'MON! SERIOUSLY!? I taught you better than that! How much was it? Really?? I could go to Mexico and drink a mystery drink along with a tapeworm and get the same results.
What's next? This??...
2. I love it when I'm asked at the gym about ab exercises that work and I explain how AWESOME the plank is, and how a solid strength and conditioning program along with a calorie deficit diet can help shed fat off the abs (I know, yada, yada, yada) and then they proceed to doing crunches and talking to their friend on the phone about how jacked and wasted they are going to get next weekend. Gym visit FAIL.
3. I talked to an old friend last night on Facebook. She's lost 15 lbs. She said, "I exercise, watch my portions (cut calories) and increased my protein. See? Quit making it complicated people.
4. Am I the only American that doesn't watch "American Idol" or "The Bachelor"? If I am, then consider me a great American.
5. Every time I see Joan Rivers or Justin Bieber, I feel like I die a little bit inside. That's all.