What a random Monday blog...I'm in a great mood but I gotta get this stuff off my chest...
1. I usually despise the "inner and outer" thigh machines. But today when I was removing some plates from it, I found myself rolling my eyes in the mirror just looking at them. Please stop the madness and go with lunges (and think outside the box... side lunges, rotational lunges, etc, etc.)
2. Crunches?.... Ugh, never mind.
3. Sipping on my energy drink before my workout is one of my highlights of my day... that's sad and cool all at the same time.
4. If I hear one more person gasp when I tell them I eat the yolks of eggs, I'm going to lose it.
5. "Don't eat fruit... it has sugars!".... Really?? When was the last time someone said, "Gosh, I can't believe I put on all this weight. It's from all those apples I've been eating". Fruit doesn't make you fat for crying out loud.
6. It's true. Genetics do play a role in your weight... but it's not a crutch. So, knock it off. I'm a Whitfield. I have to work hard to keep my preferred body fat level... thanks Mom and Dad! (I'm kidding... my parents are awesome).
7. Quit looking for the magic bullet. Eat better and exercise. It's that simple. You can research all you want to. Just keep in mind that if you're doing that research, you're not exercising. I'm just sayin'.
8. Why is it that when I write my clients' programs... I'm all "gitty", but when it comes to writing my own program, I'm like.... "eh". It must be one of those things like a landscaper... making everyone else's lawns look great but doesn't feel like cutting his own grass.
9. "I don't have a choice. I have to eat all these cookies because my kids have them for school". Whew... good thing you do that. I was just watching Fox News about these horrible parents that were reported for child abuse because they didn't supply enough Little Debbie snacks for little Johnny.
10. I'm about to be a Dad. The following thoughts have occurred in my head: "Oh lawd!!", "Is my life over?", "I think I'm going to put a little football in the baby's hands when he/she is born... that's going to be funny... and cool", Will I be a good father?", "Please don't take away my Madden video game time... it's precious because I already don't get much of it".
OK, I feel better. Have a great week everybody!
- Mike Whitfield